Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 36 of 4: Empty Tank (12/12/12)

Day 36 of four more years (originally posted on Facebook on December 12, 2012)


What do you do when you have an empty tank? A tired mind…overworked schedule? Don't complain, I tell myself. I love to wait for the right message to post. I try to do it ahead of time, like the day before or write two days in a row, in case something unexpected happens. There is just one beautiful moment in the morning after I wake and after I do my Bible study. The best moment of the day! But today…nothing. I felt funny. I had a toothache, ouch! Seriously??? What a dumb problem. Not dramatic or even romantic, but it hurts. It hurt all day, and refused ignoring. Now I get it; the joke is: it is a Christmas toothache! That is not ok. I am ignoring it…moving forward. Trying to go to bed earlier that 1am! Get some sleep, rise tomorrow and I know God's Word will be full of direction and love for all of us! Even achy old me! I do trust the one who had so many more worries, problems and afflictions. Jesus came as a man, though, and He had hurts, temptations and fatigue. I know He felt defeated and empty. But I also know where He went to fill Himself back up. I am going there tomorrow. We have an awesome God…who cares for us in the season of His Son's birth! And all year long. No matter what troubles we have, He is already there…protecting, healing, caring. Thank you, Lord…tomorrow will be a new day…with You!

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

Pray:

Dear Father, in the season of busyness, complexity, schedules and Christmas joy, please renew our strength in You. Give us living water to give to others as we lift our hearts and minds to the unending source of eternal life through Your Son, Jesus, the baby who came to save us. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment