Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 35 of 4: Keep Calm and Carry On (12/11/12)

Day 35 of four more years (originally posted on Facebook on December 11, 2012)



Are you a super Christmas elf? You know, the person who is ahead in the Christmas race? The first one to send out your cards? How about shopping? "I finished back in September, but am running a little behind on wrapping!" Oh, decorations? No problem, you are the person who enlisted the family to help you decorate the week of Thanksgiving! Baking? "Sweetie, you just do it all ahead and pop it in the freezer, ta dah! That was easy!" Just cast your relaxed, early, "all done" eyes in this direction! I will make your day! I seldom do things ahead of time, and usually I am down to the wire! So you ask, am I ready for Christmas? Not at all. One of my children thinks I have ADD, but I like to believe that God left out my time monitor, clock or sensitivity to time at all.





Here is an example: Yesterday, my first day all alone with no excuse, I told myself, "You, Margsarg, will not, under any circumstance, and I mean it, leave this house without finishing your Christmas cards (not addressing them, ordering them). "Don't even try it, sister.
OK, but my precious little twin friends stopped by and we were able to roast marshmallows on the fire pit! And hot chocolate, too! We laughed and had so much fun. They even told me the reason my Elf has not left her shelf is because she doesn't have a name! So, we named her Molly and she has been zipping all over the house ever since. Then, just as they left and I started the cards, my next door neighbor dropped by with my "early" Christmas gift and we sat, watched the sunset and laughed at how behind I was! So funny! Then, the clock said it was after 7 pm, there was Monday Night Football, a newspaper to read, and oh, yeah, tomorrow is another day!

What is wrong with New Year's Cards anyway? So, you go on now! You are doing great and haven't I made you feel better?

"Rejoice in the Lord always…do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petitions, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:4


Pray 
Dear Father, help us to be calm, peaceful and focused on the real meaning of Christmas. Keep our priority list in your hands, and help us lean on you for all understanding and compassion during this busy season.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment