Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 32 of 4: Christmas Cold (12/8/12)

Day 32 of four more years (originally posted on Facebook on December 8, 2012)

Today I need your prayers. Not for me, although I need them all the time and more than most people, but for my sister. She has an awful cold, a dreaded "Christmas cold." It is not allergies, as we so hoped, but one of the awful ones that have moved into her chest. And of all things, her flight home is today. The day will be long, and even involves a layover to boot. Yuk! Travel is hard enough on a healthy person. Some of you many also know the airlines frown on sickly persons. Not only does she need to feel better but look healthy, too. FYI: never mention flu or expected appendicitis around a gate agent…just so you know.

We have done all we can here: tons of over the counter medicines, decongestants, and a pilfered antibiotic in case it gets into her chest. The best, most perfect remedy also hasn't worked yet: homemade tamales. My dear friend, Maria, made them fresh last night and at 8 pm she (and I joined in just to show support) ate 3 of them. Marvelous, curing properties, those tamales! When she gets up today, she may be healed already! But in case she isn't, will you pray for her? And for me, as I will miss her like crazy! (Just an additional fact, we froze a dozen of the tamales for her to take in her carryon bag…you know, just in case someone needs healing on the plane, or her husband and daughter need them!)

I thank you all in advance for I know she will feel your prayers today.

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray….the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well..the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:13-16

Pray: Father, heal my sister of her cold. Help her to have a safe and comfortable trip. Bring her back to us in due time and bless her family as they welcome her home.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment