Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 31 of 4: Saying Goodbye (12/7/12)

Day 31 of four more years (originally posted on Facebook on December 7, 2012)

"Salutations!" as Charlotte the spider wove in "Charlotte's Web. "Good morning! Missed you, how's the family?" "

Are you hanging in there?"

All of the above are common greetings. Hellos are fun and anticipatory, but what about good-byes? Not so fun to me.

First I will say good-bye to Paradise today and return to my beloved home and family in Arlington. This is always bittersweet to me. I cherish both homes and haven't found a way to be in both places at one time!

But tomorrow, I have to say good-bye to my favorite sister. Sad day. This is the farewell I dread. What do I say then? "I will miss you like crazy. Can't you stay a little longer?" Thinking of this makes me reflect on the fun you have with someone when you know your time is limited. If you see someone everyday, you take closeness for granted. Jane and I have tried to make every minute count! Every one. Well, we have had to sleep, but all of the activities we planned were meant to be deliberate and with purpose. Today, we do one of our favorite trips... The long way to Arlington. The slow boat to China! A trip of 2.5 hours we turn into 5! We stop wherever we want and have our fill at each place: looking, shopping, eating and laughing! That is one of the many things I love about her! A great sense of timing or lack of it!

Please pray for us as we ease back into our "normal" lives. I'm staying positive because I am blessed to have had my favorite Christmas guest!

Benedictions from Paul:
"Grace be with you. The Lord be with your spirit. Peace and love with faith from God the Father through The Lord Jesus Christ!" from letters to Titus, Timothy, the churches at Ephesus and Corinth.
And Merry Christmas!

Pray: Father, may we appreciate the time here on earth, treasure minutes as gifts from You and anticipate the time when we will never have to say good-bye in heaven. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment